SCENARIOS WITH THE VALIDITY OF ANTI-EPIDEMIOLOGICAL MEASURES
There are more and more questions on this topic. In short, they could be summarized as one: How will the L’Etape Czech Republic by Tour de France take place if various anti-epidemiological measures are in place? As organizers, we work with the most up-to-date information possible, but we can hardly estimate the situation in less than three months. Therefore, we prepare for all possibilities and came up with several scenarios:
1. EVERYTHING OPEN, EVERYTHING ENABLED
In the light of the current situation, it sounds like a utopia, but hope dies last. If we all behave responsibly, there is still a chance that L’Etape Czech Republic By Tour de France will take place to the original extent.
2. INCREASED HYGIENE MEASURES
Face masks and spacing. We tried to organize races in this mode last year and we know we can handle it. Specific measures are accompanied by other steps, such as sending the start packages in advance or starting in smaller waves, for example after 50 people with intervals of 60 to 120 seconds. Among other things, this means a maximum capacity of 2000 competitors (1000 per route).
3. PROHIBITION OF SPECTATORS
L'Etape Czech Republic by Tour de France is not only a race, but also a cycling festival and celebration. We are preparing accompanying events for spectators in the race area in Strahov or in the fan zone in Beroun. Unfortunately, if it is necessary to limit the number of people involved, it will mainly affect spectators and visitors.
4. PARTICIPATION ONLY WITH NEGATIVE TEST
One of the options currently being discussed. With the increasing availability of antigenic tests, this is a real way to reduce the risk of possible infection by eliminating the participation of infected people in advance.
5. TRANSFER TO ALTERNATIVE DATE
Another possible option is to move the race to a later date. Although the original date of the event (June 5) remains a clear priority, we are currently considering a later event, Saturday, August 28th. We want to make the final decision at the beginning of May at the latest, when we will already have enough information about possible measures and current government regulations. In the event of a change, all competitors registered so far will be automatically transferred to the new date. If someone does not like the new date, they can request a refund of the entry fee - this can be done free of charge up to 30 days before the race, as described in our Terms and Conditions.
6. TRANSFER TO 2022
This is the last possible option, which we would accept only after the exhaustion or impossibility of using all previous options. Of course, even in this case, we would inform everyone in time and the participants would have the opportunity to return the entry fee, as in point 5.